NWSS Band Competition
Welcome to the 2016 Band Competition Application page. Please check back soon for the 2016 Band Competition information and applications.
Participation in NWSS Band Competition has become a highly regarded showcase for up-and-coming and well established bands alike. Nearly all of our competitors have gone on to successful national touring careers. We encourage everyone who has song writing and instrumental talents to consider entering the NWSS Band Competition., whether or not you have tour history in the PNW market/region.
The 2016 Northwest String Summit will again feature a band competition on Friday, July 15th, 2016 on Main Stage between 2 -3PM. Please come to the amphitheatre early to support these up and coming artists!
BAND COMPETITION INFORMATION
- 1) Entry Forms must be received by April 15, 2016. Click here for Band Contest Entry Form. Notification will be on or before the week of May 9th, 2016.
- 2) The competition will take place on Friday, July 15, 2016 from 2:00 to 3:00PM.
- * We understand the life of a touring musician needing to book gigs in plenty of time , but part of the selection process is to see if whether the entrant has kept the weekend of NWSS available or not*
- 3) Each band will perform for 10 - 15 minutes on the main stage.
- 4) A lottery will determine the order in which bands perform.
- 5) Each performing band member in the competition will receive weekend admission into the festival free of charge.
- 6) Each band must be present for a pre-competition meeting held backstage one hour before the competition begins. Time is TBD.
- 7) Judges for the competition will include members of performing acts and the String Summit staff.
- 8) The band finishing in first place will perform on Sunday, July 17th at the Cascadia Stage and receive an offer for next year’s event on Main Stage.
- 9) Each band in the competition will be permitted to sell their CD’s and other goods at the Band Merchandise area.
- 10)Single mic Only acoustic instruments. No DI or drums.