Band Competition Entry Form
Please carefully read this entire form. We are happy to announce that we are now accepting 2017 Band Competition applications. Participation in NWSS Band Competition has become a highly regarded showcase for up-and-coming and well established bands alike. Nearly all of our competitors have gone on to successful national touring careers. We encourage everyone who has song writing and instrumental talents to consider entering the NWSS Band Competition, whether or not you have tour history in the PNW market/region. While we encourage you to enter, we take all entries very seriously and ask that you enter with intention to participate. We understand touring artists life and schedules, we also understand that bookings happen well in advance, yet one of the first qualifications we impart is to determine if you are free on the weekend of the event. If you are booked we will likely disqualify your entry. Our selections do not occur until early May, which should provide time to book the date if you are not selected as one of the four or five finalists. If selected there are likely more playing opportunities at the event, possibly for pay as well although nothing is promised. We appreciate all the hard work and heart that is put into making music and it shows through very vividly!
Some Previous Winners Include:
2016 Winner: Ginstrings
2015 Winner:John Craigie
2014 Winner:Left Coast Country
2013 Winner: Lil Smokies
2012 Winner: Betty & The Boy
2011 Winner: Windy Hill
2010 Winner: Pert Near Sandstone
(earlier years on website)
BAND COMPETITION INFORMATION
The 2017 Northwest String Summit will again feature a band competition on Friday, July 14th, 2017 on Main Stage between 2 -3PM.
Please come to the amphitheater early to support these up and coming artists!
1) Entry Forms must be received by April 7, 2017. Click here for Band Contest Entry Form. Notification will be on or before the week of April 28th, 2017.
2) The competition will take place on Friday, July 14, 2017 from 2:00 to 3:00PM.
* We understand the life of a touring musician needing to book gigs in plenty of time , but part of the selection process is to see if whether the entrant has kept the weekend of NWSS available or not*
3) Each band will perform for 10 – 15 minutes on the main stage.
4) A lottery will determine the order in which bands perform.
5) Each performing band member in the competition will receive weekend admission into the festival free of charge.
6) Each band must be present for a pre-competition meeting held backstage one hour before the competition begins. Time is TBD.
7) Judges for the competition will include members of performing acts and the String Summit staff.
8) The band finishing in first place will perform on Sunday, July 16th at the Cascadia Stage and receive an offer for next year’s event on Main Stage.
9) Each band in the competition will be permitted to sell their CD’s and other goods at the Band Merchandise area.
10) Single mic Only acoustic instruments. No DI or drums.